2019 Chatham Lighthouse TourName: 2019 Chatham Lighthouse TourDate: August 7, 2019Time: 1:00 PM - 3:30 PM EDTEvent Description:
EFFECTIVE IMMEDIATELY CHATHAM LIGHTHOUSE TOURS CANCELLED TEMPORARILY FOR MAINTENANCE BY U.S. COAST GUARD FOR REMAINDER OF JULY AND POSSIBLY BEGINNING OF AUGUST. REOPENING DATE WILL BE ANNOUNCED ONCE MAINTENANCE HAS BEEN COMPLETED.
Located on the grounds of Coast Guard Station Chatham, Chatham Light has a long and rich history and is available to tour during select months. You may also read the complete history of Chatham Light by clicking on the link below
- TOURS ARE SUBJECT TO CANCELLATION DUE TO RAIN
- CHILDREN LESS THAN 45” TALL ARE NOT ALLOWED ABOVE BASE
- PROPER FOOTWEAR REQUIRED TO CLIMB THE METAL STAIRS AND LADDER
- APPROPRIATE CLOTHING IS RECOMMENDED FOR CLIMBING A LADDER
- RESERVATIONS NOT REQUIRED AND NO FEEE TO TOUR THE LIGHTHOUSE
- Climbing the lighthouse requires significant physical exertion on 44 steps followed by 8 steps on a ladder. Anyone not wishing to climb is welcome to visit the base of the lighthouse for a brief history.