For Immediate Release Contact: Patricia Pronovost
Cape Cod Healthcare Announces June Blood Drives
(June 1, 2021 - Hyannis, MA) While all blood types are needed, Cape Cod Hospital and Falmouth Hospital are in urgent need of O Negative blood donations.Numerous blood drives are being held across Cape Cod in June to benefit Cape Cod Healthcare (CCHC). Cape Cod and Falmouth hospitals must have at least one week’s worth of blood on hand at all times. Since each unit collected or purchased only lasts 42 days, it is a constant challenge to maintain sufficient supply. All the blood collected at Cape Cod Healthcare blood drives stays on Cape Cod to help our families, friends and neighbors.
Donors to CCHC blood drives in June will receive an Amazon gift card.
The Nicholas G. Xiarhos Blood Donor Center inside Cape Cod Hospital is open by appointment only from 8a.m. to 4p.m., Monday through Friday.
Appointments are required at all blood drives. To make an appointment for the Nicholas G. Xiarhos Blood Donor Center, please call us at 508-862-5663. To make an appointment at an upcoming blood drive, please visit www.capecodhealth.org/give-blood
June2021 CCHC Blood Drives
- June 1: 10 a.m. – 4 p.m., Clark-Haddad American Legion Post 188, 20 Main Street, Sandwich
- June 2: 10 a.m. – 4 p.m., Grace Chapel Assembly of God, 25 Lieutenant Island Rd, Wellfleet
- June 3:10 a.m. – 4 p.m., Barnstable Police Department Community Blood Drive, at Cape Cod Hospital, 27 Park Street, Hyannis
- June 7: 10 a.m. – 4 p.m., Harwich Police, 183 Sisson Rd, Harwich
- June 8: 10 a.m. – 4 p.m., Cape Cod & Islands Association of Realtors, 22 Mid-Tech Drive, W. Yarmouth
- June 9: 10 a.m. – 4 p.m., Northside United Methodist Church, 701 Airline Rd, Brewster
- June 10: 10 a.m. – 4 p.m., Monument Beach Sportsman’s Club, 199 MacArthur Blvd, Monument Beach
- June 14: 9a.m. – 3p.m., Harwich Community Center, 100 Oak Street, Harwich
- June 15: 12noon – 6p.m., Chatham Works, 323 Orleans Rd., N. Chatham
- June 16: 9:30 a.m. – 3:30 p.m., Shepley Showcase, 75 Benjamin Franklin Way, Hyannis
- June 17: 10a.m. – 4p.m., Orleans Police Department, 99 Eldredge Park Way, Orleans
- June 21:11a.m. – 5p.m., Christ the King Church, 3 Jobs Fishing Rd, Mashpee
- June 22: 10a.m. – 4p.m., Clark-Haddad American Legion Post 188, 20 Main Street, Sandwich
- June 23: 10a.m. – 4p.m., Dennis Police @ Church of the Nazarene, 209 Upper County Rd, Dennis
- June 24: 10a.m. – 4p.m., Brewster Police, 631 Harwich Rd, Brewster
About Cape Cod Healthcare
Cape Cod Healthcare is the leading provider of healthcare services for residents and visitors of Cape Cod. With more than 500 physicians, 5,700 employees and 790 volunteers, Cape Cod Healthcare is comprised of two acute care hospitals, the Cape’s leading provider of homecare and hospice services (VNA), a skilled nursing and rehabilitation facility, an assisted living facility, four urgent care centers (with two additional centers coming in 2021 and 2022) and numerous health programs. For more information, visit the Cape Cod Healthcare website at www.capecodhealth.org. For the latest in relevant and credible healthcare news, visit www.capecodhealthnews.com.
- June 28: 10a.m. – 4p.m., Falmouth Community @ Gus Canty Center, 790 Main Street, Falmouth
- June 30: 10a.m. – 4p.m., Orleans/Eastham Elks Lodge, 10 McKoy Rd